Experienced Hawaii Criminal Defense Lawyers
Brook Hart and Bronson Avila are both licensed to practice in all Hawaii state courts and the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii. Mr. Hart is also licensed to practice in the state courts of California and New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Hart is highly regarded by his peers throughout Hawaii and the nation. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 1983, rated AV Preeminent* (the highest available rating) by Martindale-Hubbell, has a "Peer Review Rating" and "Client Review Rating" of 5.0 (the highest available from Martindale-Hubble), and was selected for inclusion in Hawaii Super Lawyers in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
To learn more about the background and qualifications of our attorneys, please review their full-length profiles:
To discuss the steps The Law Offices of Brook Hart can take to defend you against federal or state criminal charges, please contact our offices at 808-526-0811 or by e-mail for an initial consultation.
Here are Brook Hart's "baker's dozen" rules for the successful practice of law:
- Always be 100% truthful with clients, courts, juries, and opposing counsel.
- Keep all promises and commitments.
- Do not procrastinate.
- Return telephone calls and e-mail inquiries promptly.
- Always visit the scene(s) of the alleged offense(s).
- Always carefully research the applicable law.
- Stay physically fit.
- Maintain an appropriate professional relationship with clients.
- Avoid counterproductive behavior.
- Pay attention to family, and fairly acknowledge others who help you.
- Listen carefully to clients.
- Revere the court reporter.
- Retain a sense of humor.
Representation of Musicians, Writers, Television Personalities and Athletes
From time to time, Mr. Hart has represented persons known for their accomplishments in music, writing, the dramatic arts and sports. Included among his clients have been Fleetwood Mac bass player John McVie, pop singer and actress Whitney Houston, writer and journalist Hunter S. Thompson, television star and bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman, and professional big-wave surfers Jock Sutherland, Dick Brewer, Reno Abellira and Jeff Hakman.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.